This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Surgical Research
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The prophylaxis of peritoneal adhesions.in: A review of the literature. Surgery. 11. 1942: 118
- Regeneration of peritoneum: Experimental observations and clinical experience in radical resections of intraabdominal cancer.in: Quinzieme Congres de la Société Internationale de Chirurgie, Lisbonne 13–20 September1953
- The prevention and treatment of intestinal adhesions.Int. Abstr. Surg. 1960; 110: 417
- Effects of cortisone and Vitamin A on wound healing.Ann. Surg. 1968; 167: 324
- The etiology of postoperative abdominal adhesions.Brit. J. Surg. 1962; 50: 10
- The healing of peritoneum under normal and pathological conditions.Brit. J. Surg. 1965; 52: 471
- Vitamin A deficiency and surgical stress.Surg. Forum. 1970; 21: 81
- The effects of intraperitoneal fluids on the prevention of experimental adhesions.Surgery. 1967; 60: 1232
- The effect of cortisone on peritoneal adhesions.Surg. Gynec. Obstet. 1970; 96: 65
- Postoperative abdominal adhesions.in: An experimental study of the value of polyvinylpyrrolidone in prophylaxis. Brit. J. Surg.51. 1964: 381
- The effect of fibrinolysin and heparin on the formation of peritoneal adhesions.Surgery. 1962; 52: 250
- Citral poisoning.in: Proc. Nutr. Soc. (Engl., Scot.). 15. 1956: 15
- Effect of fibrinolytic agents and corticosteroids on periteonal adhesions.Arch. Surg. 1957; 75: 96
- Dimethyl sulfoxide in prevention of intestinal adhesions.Arch. Surg. 1965; 91: 920
- Peritoneal adhesions.in: Prevention with povidone and dextran 75. Arch. Surg.91. 1965: 872
- Foreign material and postoperative adhesions.New Engl. J. Med. 1968; 297: 200
Received: February 15, 1974
☆Supported in part by Army Medical Research and Development Command Contract DADA-17-70-C to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and Research Career Award 5 KO6 GM 14, 208 (S. M. Levenson) from the National Institutes of Health.
© 1974 Published by Elsevier Inc.