Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Intra-abdominal abscess after laparoscopic appendectomy for perforated appendicitis.Arch Surg. 2001; 136: 438
- Single daily dosing ceftriaxone and metronidazole versus standard triple antibiotic regimen for perforated appendicitis in children: A prospective randomized trial.J Pediatr Surg. 2008; 43: 981
- A complete course of intravenous antibiotics versus a combination of intravenous and oral antibiotics for perforated appendicitis in children: A prospective, randomized trial.J Pediatr Surg. 2010; 45: 1198
- Initial laparoscopic appendectomy upon presentation versus initial nonoperative management and interval appendectomy for perforated appendicitis with abscess: A prospective, randomized trial.J Pediatr Surg. 2010; 45: 236
Irrigation versus no irrigation for perforated appendicitis. Clinicaltrials.gov. Registration number: NCT00854815.
- An evidence-based definition for perforated appendicitis derived from a prospective randomized trial.J Pediatr Surg. 2008; 43: 2242
- The epidemiology of appendicitis and appendectomy in the United States.Am J Epidemiol. 1990; 132: 910
- The burden of appendicitis-related hospitalizations in the United States in 1997.Surg Infect. 2004; 5: 160
- Disconnect between incidence of nonperforated and perforated appendicitis. Implications for pathophysiology and management.Ann Surg. 2007; 245: 886
- Physiologic predictors of postoperative abscess in children with perforated appendicitis: Subset analysis from a prospective randomized trial.Surgery. 2010; 147: 729
- Risk factors for the development of abdominal abscess following operation for perforated appendicitis in children.Arch Surg. 2007; 142: 236
- Perforated appendicitis in children: Is there a best treatment.J Pediatr Surg. 2003; 38: 1520
- Using antimicrobial solution for irrigation in appendicitis to lower surgical site infection rates.Am J Surg. 2009; 198: 875
- Prevention of intra-abdominal abscess following laparoscopic appendicectomy for perforated appendicitis: A prospective study.Int J Surg. 2008; 6: 374