- Chang D.C.
- Anderson J.E.
- Kobayashi L.
- Coimbra R.
- Bickler S.W.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Surgical Research
- Projected lifetime risks and hospital care expenditure for traumatic injury.J Surg Res. 2012; (in press)
- The optimum follow-up period for assessing mortality outcomes in injured elders.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2010; 58: 1843
- Measuring the health burden of chronic disease and injury using health adjusted life expectancy and the Health Utilities Index.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2002; 56: 843
- Age-related differences in mechanism, cause, and location of trauma deaths.Minerva Anestesiol. 2011; 77: 592
- Reasons for refusal of admission to intensive care and impact on mortality.Intensive Care Med. 2010; 36 (Epub 2010 Jun 9): 1772
- Descriptive analysis of hospitalizations of patients with Alzheimer’s disease: A two-year prospective study of 686 patients from the REAL.FR study.J Nutr Health Aging. 2009; 13: 890
- Factors associated with trauma center use for elderly patients with trauma: A statewide analysis, 1999–2008.Arch Surg. 2011; 146: 585
- Factors associated with survival following blunt chest trauma in older patients. Results from a large regional trauma cooperative.Arch Surg. 2010; 145: 432
- The national clinical audit of falls and bone health: The clinical management of hip fracture patients.Injury. 2009; 40: 1226
- Trends in fall-related hospital admissions in older persons in The Netherlands.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 905
- Hospitalizations for injury: United States, 1996.Adv Data. 2000; 318: 1
Friedman B, Jiang HJ, Russo CA, et al. Medicare hospital stays: Comparisons Between the Fee-for-Service Plan and Alternative Plans, 2006: Statistical Brief #66, Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) Statistical Briefs [Internet]. Rockville (MD): Agency for Health Care Policy and Research (US); 2006–2009 Jan.
- Injury as a marker for emergency medical services use in Medicare patients.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2010; 14: 425
- The economic impact of injuries: A major source of medical costs.Am J Public Health. 1990; 80: 453
- Hip fractures in the elderly: The impact of comorbid illnesses on hospitalization costs, Li-Tat.Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2007; 36: 784
- Are older drivers actually at higher risk of involvement in collisions resulting in deaths or non-fatal injuries among their passengers and other road users?.Injury Prevention. 2004; 10: 27
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Projected Lifetime Risks and Hospital Care Expenditure for Traumatic InjuryJournal of Surgical ResearchVol. 176Issue 2
- PreviewThe lifetime risk and expected cost of trauma care would be valuable for health policy planners, but this information is currently unavailable. The cumulative incidence rates methodology, based on a cross-sectional population analysis, offers an alternative approach to prohibitively costly prospective cohort studies.