Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Surgical Research
- Vital signs: unintentional injury deaths among persons aged 0-19 years - United States, 2000-2009.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 270-276
- Estimating the effect of emergency care on early survival after traffic crashes.Accid Anal Prev. 2013; 60: 141-147
- Assessing access to paediatric trauma centres in Canada, and the impact of the golden hour on length of stay at the hospital: an observational study.BMJ Open. 2016; 6: e010274
- Factors associated with pediatric mortality from motor vehicle crashes in the United States: a state-based analysis.J Pediatr. 2017; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2017.04.044
- Trauma systems are associated with increased level 3 trauma centers.J Surg Res. 2015; 198: 489-493
- Resources for optimal care of the injured patient.2014 (Available at:)https://www.facs.org/∼/media/files/quality%20programs/trauma/vrc%20resources/resources%20for%20optimal%20care.ashx(Accessed January 16, 2017)
- Trauma experts versus pediatric experts: comparison of outcomes in pediatric penetrating injuries.J Surg Res. 2017; 208: 173-179
- The effect of trauma center care on pediatric injury mortality in California, 1999 to 2011.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2013; 75: 704-716
- Do pediatric trauma centers have better survival rates than adult trauma centers? An examination of the National Pediatric Trauma Registry.J Trauma. 2001; 50: 96-101
- Pediatric trauma centers: correlation of ACS-verified trauma centers with CDC statewide pediatric mortality rates.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012; 73: 566-570
- Association between trauma center type and mortality among injured adolescent patients.JAMA Pediatr. 2016; 170: 780-786
- Mortality among injured children treated at different trauma center types.JAMA Surg. 2015; 150: 874-881
United States Department of Transportation. Fatality analysis reporting system (FARS). Analytical user's manual, 1975-2014. 2016, Available at: ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/fars/FARS-DOC/Analytical%20User%20Guide/USERGUIDE-2014.pdf, Accessed June 8, 2016.
American College of Surgeons. Verified trauma centers – American College of Surgeons, Available at: https://www.facs.org/search/trauma-centers, Accessed February 8, 2017.
- State area measurements and internal point coordinates.2010 (Available at:)Accessed January 20, 2017)
- Injuries and death of children in rollover motor vehicle crashes in the United States.Inj Prev. 2003; 9: 76-80
- 2010 census urban and rural classification and urban area criteria.2010 (Available at:)Accessed March 17, 2017)
- A meta-analysis of prehospital care times for trauma.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2006; 10: 198-206
- Adult versus pediatric prehospital trauma care: is there a difference?.J Trauma. 1999; 47: 455-459
- From roadside to bedside: the regionalization of trauma care in a remote rural county.J Trauma. 1995; 38: 14-21
- Does increased emergency medical services prehospital time affect patient mortality in rural motor vehicle crashes? A statewide analysis.Am J Surg. 2009; 197: 30-34
This work was presented as an oral presentation at the Academic Surgical Congress in Las Vegas, February 7-9, 2017. A portion of this work was presented at the Annual Massachusetts Committee on Trauma Resident Papers Competition in Boston, October 14, 2016.