Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Comparison of risk factors for length of stay and readmission following lower extremity bypass surgery.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 62: 1192-1200
- Hospital readmissions and the affordable care act.JAMA. 2011; 306: 1794-1795
- Understanding variation in 30-day surgical readmission in the era of accountable care.JAMA Surg. 2015; 150: 1042-1049
- Associations between reduced hospital length of stay and 30-day readmission rate and mortality: 14-year experience in 129 Veterans Affairs hospitals.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 157: 837
- Early hospital readmission for gastrointestinal-related complications predicts long-term mortality after pancreatectomy.Am J Surg. 2015; 210: 636-642.e1
- Practical guide to surgical data sets: military health system tricare encounter data.JAMA Surg. 2018; 153: 679
- Hospital-skilled nursing facility referral linkage reduces readmission rates among Medicare patients receiving major surgery.Surgery. 2016; 159: 1461-1468
- The relationship between duration of stay and readmissions in patients undergoing bariatric surgery.Surgery. 2015; 158: 501-507
- Extended length of stay after surgery.JAMA Surg. 2014; 149: 815
- Impact of length of stay after coronary bypass surgery on short-term readmission rate.Med Care. 2013; 51: 45-51
- The transition to data-driven quality metrics: determining the optimal surveillance period for complications after surgery.J Surg Res. 2018; 232: 332-337
- Incidence and predictors of opioid prescription at discharge after traumatic injury.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: 930
- Association between race and postoperative outcomes in a universally insured population versus patients in the state of California.Ann Surg. 2017; 266: 267-273
- Defining optimal length of opioid pain medication prescription after common surgical procedures.JAMA Surg. 2018; 153: 37-43
- Effect of insurance expansion on utilization of inpatient surgery.JAMA Surg. 2014; 149: 829-836
- A comparison of length of stay, readmission rate, and facility reimbursement after lobectomy of the lung.Ann Thorac Surg. 2013; 96: 1740-1746
- Assessing readmission after general, vascular, and thoracic surgery using ACS-NSQIP.Ann Surg. 2013; 258: 430-439
- Potential implications of shortening length of stay following radical cystectomy in a pre-ERAS population.Urology. 2017; 102: 92-99
This paper was accepted for presentation at the 2019 Annual Academic Surgical Congress.