Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- State firearm legislation and nonfatal firearm injuries.Am J Public Health. 2015; 105: 1703-1709
- The world report on violence and health.Lancet. 2002; 360: 1083-1088
- Survey of American College of Surgeons Committee on trauma members on firearm injury.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017; 82: 877-886
- National vital statistics reports volume 67, Number 5 July 26, 2018, Deaths: Final Data for 2016.(Available at:)https://www.cdc.gov/Date: 2018Date accessed: March 18, 2019
- Global mortality from firearms, 1990-2016.JAMA. 2018; 320: 792
- Trends in the incidence of and charges associated with firearm-related injuries among pediatric patients, 2006-2014.JAMA Pediatr. 2018; 172: 1195
- Patient-reported outcomes at 6 to 12 Months among survivors of firearm injury in the United States.Ann Surg. 2020; 1
- Firearm legislation and firearm-related fatalities in the United States.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 732
- The burden of firearm violence in the United States: stricter laws result in safer states.J Inj Violence Res. 2018; 10: 11-16
- Firearm policies that work.JAMA. 2019; 321: 937
- The Brady Campaign state scorecard 2014.(Available at:)http://crimadvisor.com/data/Brady-State-Scorecard-2015.pdfDate: 2015Date accessed: March 18, 2019
- Children are safer in states with strict firearm laws.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2014; 76: 146-151
- Firearm legislation stringency and firearm-related fatalities among children in the US.J Am Coll Surg. 2019; 229: 150-157
- State firearm laws and rates of suicide in men and women.Am J Prev Med. 2003; 25: 320-324
- The strengthening the reporting of observational studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.PLoS Med. 2007; 4: e296
- United States department of agriculture economic research service.(Available at:)https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/county-level-data-sets/download-data.aspxDate: 2018Date accessed: March 18, 2019
- Proposed matrix of E-code groupings injury center.(Available at:)https://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/ecode_matrix.htmlDate accessed: March 21, 2019
- Law center to prevent gun violence. Giffords law center to prevent Gun violence - annual Gun law state scorecard.(Available at:)https://lawcenter.giffords.org/scorecard2014/Date: 2014Date accessed: March 18, 2019
- Regression analyses of counts and rates: Poisson, overdispersed Poisson, and negative binomial models.Psychol Bull. 1995; 118: 392-404
- The economic cost of firearm-related injuries in the United States from 2006 to 2010.Surgery. 2014; 155: 894-898
- Costs and financial burden of initial hospitalizations for firearm injuries in the United States, 2006–2014.Am J Public Health. 2017; 107: 770-774
- Firearm policies that work.JAMA. 2019; 321: 937-938
- Firearms laws and the reduction of violence: a systematic review.Am J Prev Med. 2005; 28: 40-71
- Emergency department visits for firearm-related injuries in the United States, 2006–14.Health Aff. 2017; 36: 1729-1738
- Cost of hospitalization for firearm injuries by firearm type, intent, and payer in the United States.Inj Epidemiol. 2017; 4: 20
No conflicts to declare.
Meeting presentation: This was presented at Academic Surgical Congress, Houston, Texas on February 2019.