Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Trends in obesity prevalence among children and adolescents in the United States, 1988-1994 through 2013-2014.JAMA. 2016; 315: 2292-2299
- Available at:)www.cdc.govDate accessed: January 9, 2020 (
- Prevalence of obesity and severe obesity in US children, 1999-2014.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2016; 24: 1116-1123
- Prevalence of obesity and severe obesity in US children, 1999-2016.Pediatrics. 2018; 141: e20173459
- Childhood obesity: a risk factor for injuries observed at a level-1 trauma center.J Pediatr Surg. 2009; 44: 1601-1605
- Does obesity impact the pattern and outcome of trauma in children?.J Pediatr Surg. 2012; 47: 1404-1409
- Injury patterns in obese versus nonobese children presenting to a pediatric emergency department.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: 681-685
- Obesity in pediatric trauma.Orthop Clin North Am. 2018; 49: 335-343
- Obesity in pediatric trauma.J Pediatr Surg. 2017; 52: 628-632
- The impact of obesity on severely injured children and adolescents.J Pediatr Surg. 2006; 41 (discussion 88-91): 88-91
- Pediatric obesity and traumatic lower-extremity long-bone fracture outcomes.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012; 73: 966-971
- The impact of morbid obesity on solid organ injury in children using the ATOMAC protocol at a pediatric level I trauma center.J Pediatr Surg. 2017; 52: 345-348
National Trauma Data Bank. American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma: Chicago, IL.
- Is it time for firearm injury to be a separate activation criteria in children? An assessment of penetrating pediatric trauma using need for surgeon presence.Am J Surg. 2021; 221: 21-24
- Is obesity protective in thoracoabdominal penetrating trauma?.Am Surg. 2019; 85: 34-38
- Expert committee recommendations regarding the prevention, assessment, and treatment of child and adolescent overweight and obesity: summary report.Pediatrics. 2007; 120 Suppl 4: S164-S192
- A SAS program for the 2000 CDC growth charts (ages 0 to <20 years).(Available at:)https://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpao/growthcharts/resources/sas.htmDate: 2015Date accessed: January 9, 2020
- The cushion effect.J Trauma. 2003; 54: 1090-1093
- Lower short- and long-term mortality associated with overweight and obesity in a large cohort study of adult intensive care unit patients.Crit Care. 2012; 16: R235
- Pediatric peripheral vascular injuries: a review of our experience.J Surg Res. 2009; 153: 162-166