Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Injury Prevention & control: data & statistics (WISQARSTM). Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/. Accessed May 13, 2019.
- Incidence of orthopedic surgery intervention in a level I urban trauma center with motorcycle trauma.J Trauma. 2011; 71: 948-951
- Patient-reported outcomes measurement information system and legacy patient-reported outcome measures in the field of orthopaedics: a systematic review.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 605-614
- Surgical deserts in the U.S.: counties without surgeons.Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons. 2010; 95: 32-35
- Advanced Trauma Life Support((R)) Update 2019: management and applications for adults and special populations.Anesthesiology clinics. 2019; 37: 13-32
- Advanced trauma life support training for hospital staff.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; 2CD004173
- Advanced training in trauma life support for ambulance crews.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; 8CD003109
- Helicopter emergency medical services for adults with major trauma.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; 12CD009228
- Practice management guidelines for trauma from the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma.J Trauma. 1998; 44 (discussion 956-947): 941-956
Rotondo MF, Cribari C, Smith RS, et al. Resources for the Optimal Care of the Injured Patient: 2014. Available at: https://www.facs.org/~/media/files/quality%20programs/trauma/vrcresources.ashx. Accessed May 13, 2019.
- Trauma systems: origins, evolution, and current challenges.The Surgical clinics of North America. 2017; 97: 947-959
Distefano MC. Historical Account of the OTA. Available at: https://ota.org/about-ota/history/historical-account-ota. Accessed May 13, 2019.
- Supply and demand analysis of the orthopaedic trauma surgeon workforce in the United States.Journal of orthopaedic trauma. 2016; 30: 278-283
- Access delayed is access denied: relationship between access to trauma center care and pre-hospital death.Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2019; 228: 9-20
- Quantifying geographic barriers to trauma care: urban-rural variation in prehospital mortality.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2019; 87: 173-180
- Geographic distribution of trauma centers and injury-related mortality in the United States.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2016; 80 (discussion 49-50): 42-49
- The value of trauma center care.J Trauma. 2010; 69: 1-10
- The impact of trauma-center care on functional outcomes following major lower-limb trauma.The Journal of bone and joint surgery American. 2008; 90 (volume): 101-109
- The National Study on Costs and Outcomes of Trauma.J Trauma. 2007; 63 (6 Suppl):S54-67; discussion S81-56: S54-S67
- A national evaluation of the effect of trauma-center care on mortality.N Engl J Med. 2006; 354: 366-378
- Disparities in access to trauma care in the United States: a population-based analysis.Injury. 2017; 48: 332-338
- Access to trauma centers in the United States.JAMA. 2005; 293: 2626-2633
- Possible geographical barriers to trauma center access for vulnerable patients in the United States: an analysis of urban and rural communities.Arch Surg. 2011; 146: 46-52
Wennberg J, Cooper M.The Dartmouth Atlas of Health Care. The CEnter for the Evaluative Clinical Sciences, Dartmouth Medical School, American Hospital Publishing.; 1996.
- Do hospital service areas and hospital referral regions define discrete health care populations?.Med Care. 2015; 53: 510-516
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. SID Database Documentation. 2018; Available at: https://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/db/state/siddbdocumentation.jsp. Accessed May 13, 2019.
American Hospital Association. AHA Annual Survery Database. Available at: http://www.ahadata.com/aha-annual-survey-database-asdb/. Accessed May 13, 2019.
United States Census Bureau. American Community Survey. Available at: https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/. Accessed May 13, 2019..
- Factors associated with patients transferred from undesignated trauma centers to trauma centers.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2015; 79: 378-385
- Professional demands and job satisfaction in orthopaedic trauma: an OTA member survey.Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 2015; 29: e499-e503