- •With electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy, successful navigation can be improved with the presence of a bronchus sign, a nodule >2 cm, and distance from the pleura >1.4 cm.
- •A nodule size >1.3 cm with a positive bronchus sign led to the best probability of diagnostic biopsy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Lung cancer statistics | how common is lung cancer.(Available at:)https://www.cancer.org/cancer/lung-cancer/about/key statistics.html#:∼:text=Lung%20cancer%20is%20by%20far%20the%20leading%20cause,to%20decrease%2C%20partly%20because%20people%20are%20quitting%20smokingDate: 2021Date accessed: February 18, 2021
- Results of initial low-dose computed tomographic screening for lung cancer.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 1980-1991
- Guidelines for management of incidental pulmonary nodules detected on CT images: from the Fleischner Society 2017.Radiology. 2017; 284: 22
- Lung-RADS assessment categories version1.1.(Available at:)www.acr.org/-/media/ACR/Files/RADS/Lung-RADS/LungRADSAssessmentCategoriesv1-1.pdfDate accessed: June 5, 2021
- Imaging-guided percutaneous biopsy of nodules ≤1 cm: study of diagnostic performance and risk factors associated with biopsy failure.J Thorac Imaging. 2020; 35: 123-128https://doi.org/10.1097/RTI.0000000000000427
- Evaluation of individuals with pulmonary nodules: when is it lung cancer? Diagnosis and management of lung cancer, 3rd ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.Chest. 2013; 143: e93S-e120Shttps://doi.org/10.1378/chest.12-2351
- Bronchoscopic navigation and tissue diagnosis.Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020; 68: 672-678https://doi.org/10.1007/s11748-019-01241-0
- Performance characteristics of different modalities for diagnosis of suspected lung cancer: summary of published evidence.Chest. 2003; 123: 115S-128S
- Establishing the diagnosis of lung cancer: diagnosis and management of lung cancer, 3rd ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.Chest. 2013; 143: e142S-e165S
- Electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy: a surgeon's perspective.Ann Thorac Surg. 2008; 85: S797-S801
- LungPoint--a new approach to peripheral lesions.J Thorac Oncol. 2010; 5: 1559-1563
- The emerging technique of electromagnetic navigation bronchoscopy guided fine-needle aspiration of peripheral lung lesions: promising results in 50 lesions.Cancer Cytopathol. 2014; 122: 191-199
- Electromagnetic navigation bronchoscopy (ENB): increasing diagnostic yield.Respir Med. 2012; 106: 710-715
- Electromagnetic navigation bronchoscopy for peripheral pulmonary lesions: one-year results of the prospective, multicenter NAVIGATE study.J Thorac Oncol. 2019; 14: 445-458
- Electromagnetic navigation bronchoscopy as an adjunct diagnostic tool in the Danish lung cancer diagnostic pathway: an initial retrospective single centre series.J Thorac Dis. 2020; 12: 4762-4770
- Bronchoscopy versus CT-guided percutaneous sampling of peripheral indeterminate pulmonary nodules: a cohort study.Radiology. 2018; 286: 1052-1061
- Diagnostic yield of electromagnetic navigation bronchoscopy is highly dependent on the presence of a Bronchus sign on CT imaging: results from a prospective study.Chest. 2010; 138: 1316-1321
- Interventional pulmonology: a brave new world.Thorac Surg Clin. 2020; 30: 321-338