Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Surgical Research
- Intravascular release of platelet-activating factor in children with sepsis.Thromb. Res. 1987; 48: 619
- Plasma degradation of platelet-activating factor in severely ill patients with clinical sepsis.Crit. Care Med. 1994; 22: 204
- The role of platelet-activating factor and its antagonist in shock, sepsis and multiple organ failure.Surgery. 1991; 172: 415
- Adult respiratory distress syndrome: Roles of leukotriene C4 and platelet-activating factor.Crit. Care Med. 1990; 18: 905
- Platelet-activating factor mediates hemodynamic changes and lung injury in endotoxin-treated rats.J. Clin. Invest. 1987; 79: 1498
- Mono-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acids during porcine endotoxemia: Effect of a platelet-activating factor receptor antagonist.Lab. Invest. 1989; 63: 221
- Platelet-activating factor mediates pulmonary macromolecular leak following intestinal ischemia–reperfusion.J. Surg. Res. 1996; 60: 403
- Increased levels of platelet-activating factor in blood following intestinal ischemia in the dog.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 1989; 158: 353
- Platelet-activating factor effects on pulmonary ultrastructure in rabbits.Exp. Mol. Pathol. 1983; 38: 100
- Human endothelial cells are target for platelet-activating factor.J. Immunol. 1987; 139: 2439
- PAF induces relaxation of pulmonary arteries but contraction of pulmonary veins in the ferret.Am. Phys. 1985; 269: H704
Clavijo, L. C, Carter, M. B, Matheson, P. J, Wilson, M. A, Wead, W. B, and, Garrison, R. N. Platelet-activating factor increases pulmonary vascular permeability without increasing pulmonary artery pressure. Submitted for publication.
- Mechanisms of hypotension produced by platelet-activating factor.J. Appl. Physiol. 1989; 66: 2681
- Platelet-activating factor causes pulmonary vasodilation in the rat.Am. Rev. Respir. Dis. 1986; 134: 757
- The role of nitric oxide in regulation of the rat small intestinal microcirculation during bacteremia.Shock. 1994; 2: 41
- Pulmonary arterial blood pressure in closed chest rats: Changes after catecholamines, histamine and serotonin.Arch. Int. Pharmacodyn. 1972; 198: 107
- A fluorometric assay for the measurement of nitrite in biological samples.Anal. Biochem. 1993; 214: 11
- Glucose and glutamine gavage increase portal vein nitric oxide metabolite levels via adenosine A2b activation.J. Surg. Res. 1999; 83: 105
- Assessment of leukocyte involvement during ischemia and reperfusion of intestine.Methods Enzymol. 1990; 186: 729
- Improved method for quantitation of tissue PMN accumulation measured by myeloperoxidase activity.J. Pharmacol. Methods. 1990; 23: 179
- OPC-6535, a superoxide anion production inhibitor, attenuates acute lung injury.J. Surg. Res. 1997; 72: 70
- Protective role of synthetic sialylated oligosaccharide in sepsis-induced acute lung injury.J. Appl. Physiol. 1997; 82: 644
- Bacterial priming increases lung injury in gram-negative sepsis.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 1998; 158: 610
- Antibody to E- and L-selectin does not prevent lung injury or mortality in septic baboons.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 1998; 157: 938
- Platelet-activating factor and sepsis-induced small intestinal microvascular hypoperfusion.J. Surg. Res. 1995; 58: 38
- Platelet-activating factor plays a pivotal role in the induction of experimental lung injury.Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 1998; 18: 197
- Lipopolysaccharide-induced hypotension and vascular hyporeactivity in the rat: Tissue analysis of nitric oxide synthase mRNA and protein expression in the presence and absence of dexamethasone, NG-monomethyl-l-arginine or indomethacin.J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 1995; 272: 452
- Immunochemical localization of inducible nitric oxide synthase in endotoxin-treated rats.Lab. Invest. 1994; 71: 755
Petros, A, Bennett, D, and, Vallance, P. Effect of nitric oxide synthase inhibitors on hypotension in patients with septic shock, Lancet, 338, 1557, 1991.
- Endothelin-1 expression in the small intestine during chronic peritonitis.Shock. 1995; 4: 411
- Endothelins mediate intestinal hypoperfusion during bacteremia.Shock. 1993; 55: 168
- In vivo effects of endothelin on the renal microcirculation.J. Surg. Res. 1993; 54: 274
- Nitric oxide synthase inhibition aggravates intestinal microvascular vasoconstriction and hypoperfusion of bacteremia.J. Trauma. 1994; 36: 720
- Protective role of pulmonary nitric oxide in the acute phase of endotoxemia in rats.Circ. Res. 1998; 82: 819
- Effects of nitric oxide synthesis inhibition in hyperdynamic endotoxemia.Crit. Care Med. 1994; 22: 306
- Neutrophils and lung edema.Chest. 1982; 81: 475
- Neutrophils and the adult respiratory distress syndrome.Am. Rev. Respir. Dis. 1990; 128: 532
- Neutrophils mediate pulmonary vasomotor dysfunction in endotoxin-induced acute lung injury.J. Trauma. 1997; 42: 391
- Neutrophil depletion attenuates endotoxin-induced dysfunction of cGMP-mediated pulmonary vasorelaxation.Am. J. Phys. 1996; 271: L820
- Treatment with a platelet-activating factor antagonist has little protective effects during endotoxic shock in the dog.Shock. 1997; 8: 200
Dhainaut, J.-F. A, Tenaillon, A, Tulzo, Y. L, Schlemmer, B. S, Solet, J.-P, Wolff, M, Holzapfel, L, Zeni, F, Dreyfuss, D, Mira, J.-P, Vathaire, F. D, Guinot, P, and, the BN 52021 Sepsis Study Group, Platelet-activating factor receptor antagonist BN 52021 in the treatment of severe sepsis: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter clinical trial, Crit. Care Med. 22, 1720.
☆Presented at the 23rd Annual Meeting of the Association of Veterans Administration Surgeons, St. Louis, MO, May 2–4, 1999.