Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Surgical Research
- The role of intestinal barrier failure and bacterial translocation in the development of systemic infection and multiple organ failure.Arch. Surg. 1990; 125: 403
- History of mesenteric ischemia: The evolution of a diagnosis and management.Surg. Clin. North Am. 1997; 77: 275
- Intestinal ischemic disorders.Dig. Dis. 1995; 13: 3
- Seatbelt sign following blunt trauma is associated with increased incidence of abdominal injury.Am. Surg. 1997; 63: 885
- Factors related to outcome in blunt intestinal injuries requiring operation.Am. Surg. 1997; 63: 889
- Intestinal injury mechanisms after blunt abdominal impact.Ann. R. Coll. Surg. Engl. 1997; 79: 115
- Gastrointestinal complications after aortic surgery.J. Vasc. Surg. 1998; 28: 404
- Acute mesenteric ischemia after open heart surgery.Angiology. 1998; 49: 267
- Perioperative predictors of colonic ischemia after ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm.J. Vasc. Surg. 1999; 29: 40
- Nonocclusive intestinal ischemia: Improved outcome with early diagnosis and therapy.Am. Surg. 1997; 63: 334
- Improved outcome by identification of high-risk nonocclusive mesenteric ischemia, aggressive reexploration, and delayed anastomosis.Am. J. Surg. 1995; 170: 577
- “Sepsis/SIRS”, physiologic classification, severity stratification, relation to cytokine elaboration and outcome prediction in posttrauma critical illness.J. Trauma. 1996; 41: 581
- MOF/MODS, SIRS: An update.Shock. 1996; 6: S1
- Systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS), multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS), multiple organ failure (MOF): Are we winning the battle.Shock. 1998; 10: 79
- Gut ischemia and mesenteric synthesis of inflammatory cytokines after hemorrhagic or endotoxic shock.Am. J. Physiol. 1997; 273: G314
- Cytokine gene expression in splenic macrophages and Kupffer cells following haemorrhage.Cytokine. 1995; 7: 8
- Hypoxemia in the absence of blood loss or significant hypotension causes inflammatory cytokine release.Am. J. Physiol. 1995; 269: R160
- Hypoxia induces a human macrophage cell line to release tumor necrosis factor-alpha and its soluble receptors in vitro.J. Surg. Res. 1993; 54: 281
- Cellular and Molecular Immunology. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia1991
- Cytokine patterns in patients after major vascular surgery, hemorrhagic shock, and severe blunt trauma: Relation with subsequent adult respiratory distress syndrome and multiple organ failure.Ann. Surg. 1993; 218: 769
- Tumor necrosis factor in sepsis: Mediator of multiple organ failure or essential part of host defense.Shock. 1995; 3: 1
- Efficacy and safety of monoclonal antibody to human tumor necrosis factor alpha in patients with sepsis syndrome: A randomized, controlled, double-blind, multicenter clinical trial. TNF-alpha MAb Sepsis Study Group.JAMA. 1995; 273: 934
- Passive immunization against cachectin/tumor necrosis factor protects mice from lethal effect of endotoxin.Science. 1985; 229: 869
- Evolving strategies in the treatment of sepsis and systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS).Q. J. Med. 1998; 91: 265
- Neutrophil adherence to isolated adult cardiac myocytes: Induction by cardiac lymph collected during ischemia and reperfusion.J. Clin. Invest. 1992; 89: 602
- Heterogeneity of Kupffer cells and splenic, alveolar, and peritoneal macrophages for the production of TNF, IL-1, and IL-6.Inflammation. 1994; 18: 511
- Role of Kupffer cells in interleukin-6 release following trauma: Hemorrhage and resuscitation.Shock. 1994; 1: 43
- Enhancement of hepatic macrophages in septic rats and their inhibitory effect on hepatocyte function.J. Surg. Res. 1991; 50: 72
- Enhancement of rat hepatic macrophages by treatment with interleukin-2 and streptococcal preparation OK432, with reference to antitumor activity, soluble factor production and Ia expression.Cancer Immunol. Immunother. 1992; 35: 75
Rigberg, D. A, Lane, J. S, Todd, K. E, Centeno, J, Gloor, B, McFadden, D. W, and, Chandler, C. Kupffer cell manipulation influences systemic cytokines in intestinal ischemia/reperfusion, Unpublished data,, 1999.
- Cytokine gene expression by Kupffer cells in experimental alcoholic liver disease.Hepatology. 1995; 22: 1304
☆Presented at the 23rd Annual Symposium of the Association of Veterans Administration Surgeons, St. Louis, MO, May 2–4, 1999.
☆☆This study was supported by a VA Merit Review Grant (D.W.M.).