Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Surgical Research
Canadian Council on Animal Care, Guide to the Care and Use of Experimental Animals, Ottawa, Ontario, Canadian Council on Animal Care, 1984.
CIOMS, International Guiding Principles for Biomedical Research Involving Animals, Geneva, Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences, 1985.
National Institute of Health (NIH), The Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals. NIH Publications No. 85-23 (revised 1985).
Animal Welfare Act of 1968 (PL 89-544) as amended by the Animal Welfare Act of 1970 (PL 74-579), the Animal Welfare Act of 1985 (PL 99-198).
Home Office Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act, Code of Practice for the Housing and Care of Animals Used in Scientific Procedures. London, 1986.
Directive 86/609/EC, Council Animal Protection Directive., Gazette EC 18/12/1986 N.L.358/1.
Code of Federal Regulation (CFR), Title 9, Chapter 1, Subchapter A, Parts 1, 2 and 3. U.S. Department of Agriculture, 1992.
Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, Washington, DC, National Research Council, National Academy Press, 1996.
U.S. Government Principles for Utilization and Care of Vertebrate Animals Used in Testing, Research and Training. PHS (Public Health Services Policy), 1996.
- Animal protection and medical science.Lancet. 1994; 343: 902
- Guidelines for the recognition and assessment of pain in animals.Vet. Rec. 1986; 22: 334
- Lab. Anim. 1994; 28: 97
- Clinical recognition and anticipation of situations likely to induce suffering in animals.JAVMA. 1987; 191: 1216
- The vital link: veterinarians in biomedical research and laboratory animal care.JAVMA. 1991; 198: 1385
- Guidelines for animal surgery in research and teaching.Am. J. Vet. Res. 1993; 54: 1544
- Guidelines on the recognition of pain, distress and discomfort in experimental animals and an hypothesis for assessment.Vet. Rec. 1985; 20: 431
- The experimental Animal in Biomedical Research. CRC Press, Boca Raton1990 (p. 209–214)
- Species differences as a consideration in alleviation of animal pain and distress.JAVMA. 1987; 191: 1227
- Application of radiotelemetry to cardiovascular measurement in pharmacology and toxicology.New Technologies and Concepts for Reducing Drug Toxicities. CRC Press, Salem1993
- A new method for continuous chronic measurement and recording of blood pressure, heart rate and activity in rat via radio-telemetry.Clin. Exp. Hyper. Theory Pract. 1991; A13: 885
- Physiologic basis and consequences of distress in animals.JAVMA. 1987; 191: 1212
- Lab. Anim. 1990; 24: 97
- Developing standards in animal research review.JAVMA. 1989; 194: 1184
International Organization for Standardization (ISO 9001), Quality System Model for Quality Assurance in Design/Development, Production, Installation and Servicing, 1987.
Directive 88/320/EC (GLP) on the inspection and verification of good laboratory practice. Gazette EC 11/6/88.
ISO 10993-2 Biological Evaluation of Medical Device.
Code for Federal Regulations (CFR), Part 792, Chapter I, Section 792.1 throughout 792.195, U.S. Department of Agriculture, 1989.
- Pain. 1986; Suppl. 3: S1